Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track
(06-18-2018, 03:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My answer is no. As for the lack of male and female divisions, there is still value in that. A woman with hyperandrogenism or a trans woman may have higher testosterone levels than other female competitors, but they still have lower levels than male competitors.

My argument is that testosterone is an arbitrary way to draw the line between those divisions and it is only one of a large number of things that give people a competitive edge. We should not focus on it in the way that we do.

Like I said, I usually follow you but you've lost me here. You seem to be arguing against yourself. Earlier you have said Testosterone makes all the difference when Fred brought up bone structure. So if it makes all the difference then why should it not be regulated if you want to compete against those of your sex?

It's an unfortunate situation but one we must look to make equal. The IOC seems to be of the same opinion as they have imposed a T-Level cap on females in various Track distances.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track - bfine32 - 06-18-2018, 04:03 PM