Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track
(06-18-2018, 04:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Like I said, I usually follow you but you've lost me here. You seem to be arguing against yourself. Earlier you have said Testosterone makes all the difference when Fred brought up bone structure. So if it makes all the difference then why should it not be regulated if you want to compete against those of your sex?

Testosterone creates the difference between someone of an XX v. an XY chromosomal pairing. It doesn't provides as significant a competitive edge as people are making it out to be.

(06-18-2018, 04:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's an unfortunate situation but one we must look to make equal. The IOC seems to be of the same opinion as they have imposed a T-Level cap on females in various Track distances.  

Indeed, though the IAAF has these on hold pending current arbitration. The CAS is set to hand down a ruling on this issue in the very near future. This will also affect the IOC.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/23/caster-semenya-dutee-chand-iaaf-hyperandrogenic
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track - Belsnickel - 06-18-2018, 04:20 PM