Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track
(06-18-2018, 04:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yet a difference is that those physiological differences naturally occurs internally without outside influences.

A male-to-female body occurs because of outside influences from surgery to hormone treatments causing that change. And then on top of that they have a male bone structure to work with.

When it comes to sports, I dont consider them to be on par with each other. If anything I look at a transitioned male to female more similar to someone taking PEDS, HGH, or steroids to get an edge, than to an abnormal natural occurring condition.

I would argue that being trans is a naturally occurring condition. The hormones used are used to bring them more inline with their gender. Your argument is based on the idea that the reason for this being done is so they can gain a competitive edge, but the reality is different. If that were being done, I would agree to it being unethical, but we have yet to see such an occurrence where they have competed as a different gender with hormone therapy just to gain a competitive edge.

So I see your comparison as flawed from that standpoint.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track - Belsnickel - 06-18-2018, 04:55 PM