Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL players respond to President Trump's request for names of people he should pardon
(06-21-2018, 06:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree for the most part...when it comes to weed. I don't view it as a harmless miracle drug that many smokers claim it to be, but it's clearly not as damaging as heroin, which is a huge chunk of the 60,000 overdose deaths recorded in 2016. That said, the players didn't specify marijuana here. They just said "drug offenses". Many - if not most - of these drug offenses aren't for weed.

It wasnt long ago, like a couple or few years ago, roughly half of those in jail/prison for drugs was for weed. The other half was heroin, meth, etc.

And then on top of that, there was a disproportionate number of blacks arrested for weed than whites, when it's pretty even on both races using it percentage wise.

Maybe these numbers have changed, but I do know that even though the laws may have been color-blind, those making arrests and sentencing may not have always been.

*To comment on weed, it is definitely not a harmless drug. But in the grand scheme of drugs, it should have never been vilified the way it was which effected the ensuing failure of policies and wasteful amount of tax dollars spent fighting it. Here are is my quick list of harmful drugs, least to most: weed > alcohol > cocaine > meth > heroine . The bold > is where the line should be drawn on illegal and not.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL players respond to President Trump's request for names of people he should pardon - Millhouse - 06-21-2018, 06:54 PM