Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-05-2015, 01:55 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Again, you keep confusing my take on this stuff as saying that it's constitutional to discriminate, and that's what you're basing you're entire argument on. 

I acknowledge full well that it's unconstitutional to do that, but my argument is that it shouldn't be.  Not for a private business, at least. 

If a government receives public funding or is entirely taxpayer supported (schools, libraries, hospitals, etc..) that's an entirely different matter altogether. 

I just don't see how the consumer getting protection and the business being forced can somehow equal liberty. 

Educate that.  

I am not confusing anything.  

Why should businesses be allowed to do anything they want?  Should I be allowed to sell fake medicine?  Should I be allowed to make my employees work in dangerous conditions.  Should I be allowed to lie to people to get them to give me their money?  Should I be allowed to walk around in my place of business naked and masturbating?  Should I be allowed to hire children and pay them a quarter an hour?

What exactly is it about owning a business that should allow a person to victimize people anyway he wants to?

And if you don't understand how forcing a business to serve minorities can equal liberty then please tell me how you think the Jim Crow South equaled "liberty". 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop - fredtoast - 09-05-2015, 02:04 AM