Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admin to end separation policy
(06-25-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again with the straw man.

There is no straw man. Time showed an amazing lack of journalistic integrity. That's a problem that can and has detracted away from the real issue of familial separation.

(06-25-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Time did not make up the crisis at the border.  That is what I care about.  What picture or drawing they use does not make any difference to me. 
Well, many of us are capable of caring about multiple issues. I can care about families getting separated AND that Time has demonstrated a lack of journalistic integrity.
(06-25-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only the people who fall for Trumps deflection of blame care much about that.

Not only Trump supporters care about journalistic integrity. Pretty much every anti-Fox News liberal has seemingly cared for it since Fox News' inception. I find it interesting that those same people now don't seem to care so much when the "fake news" is something they agree with.
(06-25-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The picture does not change the story.  The picture does not change the issue.  The picture is just something Trump has used to get his followers a reason to blame the media instead of him.

This is not the first time Trump has claimed criticism of him is fake news. Which makes me wonder why supposed reputable news organizations like Time don't go out of their way to make sure they're as far from fake news as possible?
You know Trump is going to call it fake news - even when it's not, so why not use a picture that actually depicts the issue instead of somethign that only helps Trump deflect by correctly calling it "fake news"?
(06-25-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: However if you want to talk about "integrity" what about Trumps claim that it was impossible for him to do anything to fix this problem just 3 days before signing the executive order to fix it.  That was a flat out lie.  If Trump supporters really cared anything about "integrity" then they would be turning away from the President instead of attacking TIME magazine.

Well, we're talking about Trump supporters. I've found that pretty much anyone that claims to be a supporter of any politican is prone to not believing the criticism of said politician.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump admin to end separation policy - PhilHos - 06-26-2018, 11:12 AM