Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidates for 2020 elections.
(06-28-2018, 03:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's actually why I say she would be a good candidate. If I play the political hack game, my thought process is that you have a well educated woman that has had a life devoted to service, including being wounded in the military being shot down in a war zone. She doesn't have the baggage that some of the other potential options do, including her not being as polarizing in her positions. At the same time, though, she is very principled in her convictions.

That's a hard target for Trump's style of campaigning. No doubt he would try, but he would risk losing a lot of support from more moderate leaning folks.

I'd imagine the mudslinging would go back to more general statements we've heard about democrats for years.  She's going to take your guns, she's going to outlaw prayer in school, she's anti-Christian, she's soft on terror, she's going to let illegals and Muslims overrun the USA, she's going to surrender when we are close to winning the war on terror, she supports killing babies, she's a filthy politician and we need a businessman to run this country, don't change horses midstream, victory with Trump is just over the next hill, etc. 

Also, we've seen republicans with little to no military affiliation beat opponents with actual military service before, too.  A draft-dodger insulted an actual republican war hero and he was punished with victory for doing so.  I can understand why republicans would convince themselves John Kerry was a treasonous coward, but McCain?  Geez, people.

Additionally, all those "Trump that *****!" signs we saw in the 2016 election would get a second use.  

I'm not saying any of this is legit, but lord knows it doesn't have to be in order to be effective.

Also, she's going to raise your taxes to give more money to free loaders who won't work .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Nately120 - 06-28-2018, 04:30 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - jason - 01-14-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Au165 - 01-21-2019, 12:14 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Dill - 03-22-2019, 01:11 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Au165 - 03-20-2019, 08:14 AM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Dill - 05-06-2019, 06:30 PM