Poll: Has democracy ended in the United States?
Yes. We have one party rule.
No, as long as I get what I want.
No, but it is in danger.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Has democracy ended in the U.S.?
(07-02-2018, 12:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: See, here's the thing.  All white supremacists oppose illegal immigration.  However, not everyone (or even close to a significant percentage) who opposes illegal immigration is a white supremacist.  This is the point I was making with the infrastructure analogy.  You can hold the same opinion on a subject as a garbage human being without, 1. becoming the same as said garbage human being and 2. without the subject of the opinion being tainted by the approval of that person.  You're a smart person, I honestly shouldn't have to be explaining this to you.

He was also a huge animal lover, a large reason for his being a vegetarian.  So, let's summarize. Animal lovers and vegetarians are all Nazis!

And that is also what I was saying in my earlier post. Because a person uses a similar tactic or approach that Nazis once used, that doesn't make them a Nazi. There is not enough correlating evidence to support the sweepingly general statement. However, it is accurate to say they used the same tactic or approach as the Nazis. That is not saying that they ARE Nazis, only that they used a similar tactic or approach (and don't we all do that at some point or another?).

If someone tells me they are a vegetarian and I reply that Hitler used to be a vegetarian, I didn't just call them like Hitler. And no sane person would take it that way in common conversation. Similarly, if I say we now have one-party rule similar to the way the Soviets used to have one-party rule, that is just stating a correlation.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - Bengalzona - 07-02-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM