Poll: Has democracy ended in the United States?
Yes. We have one party rule.
No, as long as I get what I want.
No, but it is in danger.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Has democracy ended in the U.S.?
(07-02-2018, 01:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Easy way for you to prove your point, simply pull a quote from the story that does so.

Mellow

Quote:Actually, Hitler was named chancellor in January 1933 and immediately acted to curtail press and individual rights and begin repressing the Jews. He used the Reichstag fire to mobilize against opponents, including through violence, and gained full dictatorial powers via the Enabling Act in March 1933.

By comparison, Trump in his first year and a half in office has tweeted, called the press names, and — yes — highlighted crimes committed by illegal immigrants. Unpresidential? Yes. Disturbing? At times. Fascistic? No.

Several books, including one by former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, are devoted to more sophisticated versions of the Trump-as-budding-fascist theme.

In “How Democracies Die,” Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt write: “Donald Trump’s first year in office followed a familiar script. Like Alberto Fujimori, Hugo Chavez and Recep Tayyip Erdogan, America’s new president began his tenure by launching blistering rhetorical attacks on his opponents.”

Well, yeah, and these comparisons would be fair and apt if Trump went on to purge and jail his opponents.

Translation: Hitler went further than Trump has so we can't make any comparison to the two both hating the press, telling their follower to hate the press, using tragedies to foment hatred against a group of people, etc.

Not that will prove anything to you.

(07-02-2018, 01:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes.

Still a no. But you probably don't know why. Sad

(07-02-2018, 01:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And with this post you make my argument for me.  Not a single person on this board has ever talked about treating Nazis with kid gloves, not a single one.  What is being objected to is labeling people as Nazis because they have different opinions than you.  You literally just provided the perfect example, so thank you.  

Absolutely there have been posts like that. Yours among them. Telling everyone to "just ignore" the marches and the hate speech and they will just go away. Or to "be careful" about labeling people in case something bad happens to them.

You are completely and unequivocally wrong. Not that you would ever admit it or see it. But then that's what I expect from tried and true Trump supporters anymore.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - GMDino - 07-02-2018, 01:17 PM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM