Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-02-2018, 01:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Smirk

Yeah, the opinion piece isn't what you should use to discredit this piece. What you should discuss is the selection of the poll results that are just one data point in a larger data set showing that the poll is skewed significantly in Trump's favor. The average approval in the meta-analysis right now sits around 42%. Metas are much better at this sort of thing than single polls, so I'll take that. Also, the way some of the information was cherry picked was interesting to me.

For instance: M1 In general, do you think the country is on the right track or is it off on the wrong track? - 39% right track; 52% wrong track; 9% unsure

The financial situation one, I could just as easily say that 60% of the American public feel like their financial situation is stagnant or getting worse, which isn't good for the party in power.

M4 shows that 61% disapprove of the GOP right now (39% approval). M5 has Democracts at a 58/42 disapprove/approve.

The poll itself has some issues with the questions being asked and the n, but choosing specific items to highlight and then framing certain results in a particular way means you can make it come across any way you like.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the dtractors, Trump doing well - Belsnickel - 07-02-2018, 01:42 PM