Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-02-2018, 05:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A lot of folks like to ***** and moan about the current administration. I ask anyone in this forum to explain how their personal life or financial status has been made worse by the current administration. 

Mine wasn't made worse (ok I don't even live here), but I do not think that's the right question to ask. First, there are other people than me. So for example, an admin taking away kids - and allegedly promising to give them back if the parents just promise to leave and not seek asylum - is something I consider bad and worthy of rejection, even though it doesn't touch my dinner. 
Also, adding trillions to the debt for a tax cut that will add 99% of its benefits to the top 5% in 2027 (says the CBO) is a policy that won't hurt too man people now, but probably many of these people's children.
Similar things go for denying climate change or rolling back environmental protections. Will that hurt many right now this very second, probably not. But the environment gets more and more destroyed and future generations pay the price.

Also, I think it's still a decent thing to reject hateful rhetorics and to critizice any lies. The notion that people should stop doing so just because the lies and attacks have turned into a daily routine is quite strange to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - hollodero - 07-02-2018, 06:15 PM