Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-02-2018, 09:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it goes beyond this one case, honestly.  What one guy does to 5 people is sadly of little consequence in this world, but absurdly influential people dehumanizing or villifying everyone of a certain group can certainly have real-world consequences.  Legally, Trump could specifically tell me to murder someone and if I listen it's my own fault, not his.  

The thing is there is zero connection here. There have been NFL players murdered. Trump has spoken out against NFL players. That doesn’t mean he has anything to with it if another NFL player is murdered outside a club. And the fact that it happens isn’t some sort of foreboding of what is to come. This guy was doing this no matter who was president. Just like has happened in work places too many times before.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - michaelsean - 07-02-2018, 09:26 PM