Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-02-2018, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course the question that was asked was: What has effected you directly? 

I answered that already. Nothing directly has, as of now. I'm afraid some might in the future though, see CC as the most obvious example.

I also think that's not an appropriate criterion. Even if things don't affect me directly, I can still be critical of them. I really don't get why you seem to see that differently.
(Just as an example, it doesn't affect me directly if anyone molests women, but I'd still rather have a leader figure who does not, for I'm against that in principle.)

(07-02-2018, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The "you" referred to citizens of the country he was elected to serve. I concede that many folks don't like his rhetoric (much of it embellished by the receiver), but many do.

But the fact that many do isn't a good argument to stop being critical of Trump either.

(07-02-2018, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's also left some global treaties, but he willingly said that he is going to be President of the United States, not President of the World. 

Fair enough. My fears about Trump aren't that he's not the president of the world (sure he could be nicer to us, but I get your point and leave that out), it's rather that I think the current track of the US will harm all of the "free world", directly or indirectly (for example by making populism and what I percieve as being the loss of values like humanity, truth or democracy more popular in other countries like mine, thus following a path I am scared about).
Also, I'm really gonna miss the US I grew to really like in the past. Some core reasons for that are severely affected. I get that an US citizen doesn't need to care about that rather tiny specific concern of mine, but I sure can ***** about it. As long as it's not unfair or exaggerated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - hollodero - 07-02-2018, 09:59 PM