Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outrage over neighbor calling police on grass-cutting helps 12-year-old's business
(07-02-2018, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair (I know, I know) we don't know if the lady called the police simply because the kids were black or was it because they cut part of her lawn. There could have been an ongoing feud about lawn maintenance (just ask Rand Paul how ugly those can get). 

But it's more divisive if we focus on race. Hell the neighborhood is described as a "white" neighborhood; yet the homeowner who was getting her grass cut was black. Funny.

Mellow

(07-03-2018, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Am I the only one that found MS Holt's comments to be insulting to the children?

Would anyone view that statement differently if a white person would have made it?

(07-03-2018, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea why you would assume I don't think kids break windows and/or steal cars. Just struck me as a little insulting toward them that we should be "glad" that they are not doing bad things.

IMO we should be glad when they do good things, sad when they do bad things, and content when they do what is expected from society.

I will just take you at your word that you would have had no reaction if the remark was made by a white person about black kids.

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outrage over neighbor calling police on grass-cutting helps 12-year-old's business - GMDino - 07-03-2018, 02:15 PM