Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those against the Death Penalty
(07-03-2018, 02:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If two things can have the same effect, but one also violates other values, then the other is preferable. I disagree that I'm looking into something that isn't there. To be fair, life imprisonment wasn't something our founders would have been all in for, either, but that wasn't a typical thing to occur at the time. I forget who it was that said it, but it was either a founder or one of the philosophers they based their thoughts on who said that any punishment more than is necessary is an act of tyranny. If the goal is permanent removal from society, then it can be achieved with life imprisonment and putting them to death is unnecessary, which makes it an act of tyranny.

Edit: I know that this retort was very much a stream of consciousness, so hopefully you can follow it.

He did, and then also requested Congress to severely limit the use of capital punishment. The military isn't a democracy, especially at war.

Well you should tell that to some anti-death penalty people who claim life in prison is worse.  Damn tyrants is what they are.   Tongue
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those against the Death Penalty - michaelsean - 07-03-2018, 02:55 PM