Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-04-2018, 08:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I'm sure you guys have a different meaning for objective than I. I consider objective to be: not influenced by personal feeling. 

I consider removal from the TPP to be a sound decision and not one seeded in personal feelings. Of course the argument can be made that every decision POTUS makes is influenced by personal feeling. I do not find his decision to remove us from TPP was based on emotion. I feel it was based on sound business strategy. As is his current "trade war". But if folks do not want to give him credit for anything they can always find a "reason" not to. It's a symptom of TDS. 

It's really not, and I don't even know what you're getting at with all the "personal feeling" lines. Because a) I said I somewhat liked these things in the first place and b) how could I possibly say leaving TPP is "objectively" a good thing. I think it is, subjectively, other people think it's not, in the end I don't know if I'm right or wrong on this. I was in favor of leaving TPP be, and that's really all I could say to that.

Might be that you're right about the definition, because I consider "objective" to mean something like provable or demonstrable. Naturally, the TPP decision isn't that, and neither are most policy decisions (especially those involving not doing something). It always comes down to me liking things or not liking things for all kinds of reasons I'd consider "objective-ish", meaning persuading. Despising Trump isn't really one of those reasons, for I still can do that even if he gets something right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - hollodero - 07-04-2018, 08:47 PM