Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-04-2018, 08:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: It's really not, and I don't even know what you're getting at with all the "personal feeling" lines. Because a) I said I somewhat liked these things in the first place and b) how could I possibly say leaving TPP is "objectively" a good thing. I think it is, subjectively, other people think it's not, in the end I don't know if I'm right or wrong on this. I was in favor of leaving TPP be, and that's really all I could say to that.

Might be that you're right about the definition, because I consider "objective" to mean something like provable or demonstrable. Naturally, the TPP decision isn't that, and neither are most policy decisions (especially those involving not doing something). It always comes down to me liking things or not liking things for all kinds of reasons. Despising Trump isn't really one of those reasons, for I still can do that even if he gets something right.

I consider being objective as not being influenced by personal feelings (bias); so that's where I "went there."

In your definition would objective be changing the name of Mt McKinley? Outside of that I have no idea what you are looking for. Because it seems that you can point to all the good things but they don't count as "objective." 

You, Matt and others can assert you are being objective (my definition) by asserting he hasn't done anything good for the country in his 18 months in office. Who knows, maybe you are, but in my opinion, it's a viewpoint seeded in bias.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - bfine32 - 07-04-2018, 08:54 PM