Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-04-2018, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: We just have different definitions of objective. You state that removal from the TPP could be beneficial to the country, but yet: Clinton would have done it too. So it doesn't count.

We don't really have different definitions of objective, you just don't seem to understand what it is at all. And I didn't say that about Clinton, I said that I could have said that. Your use of TPP didn't count because it wasn't objective and we don't know the impact it will have as of yet.

(07-04-2018, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Open discussions with NK are good for the country, but it won't count. Trying to reduce our trade deficit is a good thing, but it won't count. Retaliating against Syria when they dropped chemical weapons on their citizens and in the area of US forces is a good thing, but it won't count. Unemployment at historic lows is a good thin, but it won't count.

All but the last one are subjective. Unemployment being historically low is objective, though we have seen a lower unemployment number. Back before we started riding the deregulation train. Can you point to a policy decision made by Trump that has had a measurable impact on lowering the unemployment rate?

(07-04-2018, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can say you only see facts as facts and uphold logic all you want and consider those that call BS on your supposed logic to not have an open mind, but that doesn't mean it is based in any form of fact. 

My supposed logic follows the logical rules. Arguments are rooted in logic, every single one. If the logic is invalid and the facts are not accurate, then an argument is not going to be sound. If someone prevents to me a sound argument that causes me to reevaluate my thinking, then that is what I will do. That is how research works, and science. That's how we progress in our thought. That is the basis of being open-minded. You just seem to be hostile to anything you don't agree with, facts and logic be damned.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - Belsnickel - 07-04-2018, 09:00 PM