Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-04-2018, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think objective has morphed into: Something without bias and something I agree with. For instance I think the retaliation against Syria was objective (especially if you're in the camp of Trump and Russian collusion). It was a proactive move and showed the world we were not to be trifled with. What other kind of evidence could you look for? It also cured cancer?  

There are people that argue the action was not a good one because the president did not have the authority to take it without congressional approval. That is just one angle the attack can be viewed in a negative way.

Whether something is good or bad is always going to be subjective. This was kind of my point before we started getting into the minutae. Almost everything done by the administration can be seen, legitimately, as good or bad. It's an opinion.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - Belsnickel - 07-04-2018, 10:24 PM