Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those against the Death Penalty
(07-05-2018, 01:06 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: I have a question for all of you who are against the death penalty. If someone close to you, say your spouse child or parent were killed, all of it caught on camera, how would you feel knowing that you would be paying for that person to get 3 hots and a cot as well as 100% free medical care for life while your loved one lies cold in the ground? I know I sure as hell wouldn't be ok with that.

Obviously it is hard to know for sure until you are in the situation, but I like to think I'd be okay with it. What good does it do for that person to be put to death?

I'm currently looking at the situation in Charlottesville with the death penalty. James Fields, the man who drove into the crowd of protestors killing one, injuring many others, and causing many more to experience PTSD from the event, has been charged with around 30 federal civil rights violations and is therefore eligible for the death penalty. I know a lot of the people that were in the path of that car. I visited people in the hospital in the aftermath, I know some of the medical personnel that treated them that day. I didn't know Heather Heyer, but I know many of those in her circle and have met with her mother. I hope they do not seek the death penalty for him. Putting James Fields in the ground will not heal all of those people. It won't resurrect Heather Heyer. I just don't see the point in ending another life.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those against the Death Penalty - Belsnickel - 07-05-2018, 09:00 AM