Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those against the Death Penalty
(07-05-2018, 09:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Obviously it is hard to know for sure until you are in the situation, but I like to think I'd be okay with it. What good does it do for that person to be put to death?

I'm currently looking at the situation in Charlottesville with the death penalty. James Fields, the man who drove into the crowd of protestors killing one, injuring many others, and causing many more to experience PTSD from the event, has been charged with around 30 federal civil rights violations and is therefore eligible for the death penalty. I know a lot of the people that were in the path of that car. I visited people in the hospital in the aftermath, I know some of the medical personnel that treated them that day. I didn't know Heather Heyer, but I know many of those in her circle and have met with her mother. I hope they do not seek the death penalty for him. Putting James Fields in the ground will not heal all of those people. It won't resurrect Heather Heyer. I just don't see the point in ending another life.

Protect others in prison, and  personally I don't want the dude existing anymore.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those against the Death Penalty - michaelsean - 07-05-2018, 09:02 AM