Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irony of Democrats Celebrating the 4th of July.......
(07-05-2018, 12:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know I didn't agree with his assertion, right? I actually saw this on a subreddit called /r/shitamericanssay which puts on display the idiocy of some Americans. Just wanted to make sure this was clear. LOL

I know. Wink

(07-05-2018, 12:13 PM)hollodero Wrote: You're certain about that?
Given the what if's, what if Japan had never attacked Pearl Harbor, but had gone after Russia with full force instead? They'd had the two frontier war, and a huge gap to bridge.
Whilst he US maybe would have stayed out, relieving the Axis somewhat from the two frontier war.

Japan's ground forces were weak in comparison to Germany or the Soviet Union. Their armor was light and development was years behind those two. Much of the other Japanese equipment was faulty or second-rate. The Japanese ground forces were able to give us a hard time because they were on the defense on jungle islands where armor and maneuver were limited. But outside of the jungle, they were weak. This is why their attempt to take China slowed and halted.

The Soviets demonstrated this to the Japanese when the Japanese decided to test them at Khalkhin Gol, Mongolia in 1939 (https://www.rbth.com/blogs/2013/05/07/war_in_the_east_how_khalkhin-gol_changed_the_course_of_wwii_24603). Despite Hitler's encouragement for the Japanese to open a second front against the Soviets, the Japanese would never challenge the Soviets again. The defeat was that severe. That was actual history that did not involve the U.S. at all.

It was always only a matter of time in the West between Germany and the Soviets. Hitler needed to "get it done quick" there, and he was not able to. Once again, this was the actual history without the U.S. being involved. After 1941, it was all a matter of numbers... overwhelming numbers. The fascit dream died at the gates of Moscow in 1941.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irony of Democrats Celebrating the 4th of July....... - Bengalzona - 07-05-2018, 01:00 PM