Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-05-2018, 01:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: I consider that a flaw.

I am tempted to agree, but I don't. The flaw is within the electoral process. The whole reason that the president is supposed to be elected indirectly is to that Electors, who are elected by the public and in theory understand the process and candidates more, can cast their votes for the best person for the job. The Electoral College was designed to weed out the incompetent candidates as well as those with other characteristics that would be harmful to the country. It was designed to be the gatekeeper for the position.

Now that states have changed the way the elections are held and made it so that Electors are assigned based upon the popular vote for the presidential candidate and all that, it has removed the indirect election for the office and therefore eliminate the gatekeeping ability for the Electoral College. The flaw, therefore, lies with the way in which states assign electors, not with reasons for impeachment.

Impeachment is a tool for Congress to charge a POTUS for a crime since that is not something the executive branch would be able to do and why the Chief Justice presides over the Senate during the hearings.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - Belsnickel - 07-05-2018, 01:30 PM