Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-05-2018, 01:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The flaw is within the electoral process. The whole reason that the president is supposed to be elected indirectly is to that Electors, who are elected by the public and in theory understand the process and candidates more, can cast their votes for the best person for the job. The Electoral College was designed to weed out the incompetent candidates as well as those with other characteristics that would be harmful to the country. It was designed to be the gatekeeper for the position.

Well, they kind of let you down on that one, didn't they.
I know you explained the shift, I still find the existence of electors without having their designed function any longer astonishing.

(07-05-2018, 01:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Impeachment is a tool for Congress to charge a POTUS for a crime since that is not something the executive branch would be able to do and why the Chief Justice presides over the Senate during the hearings.

Sure, I get that. I don't see the flaw in the impeachment process, I see the flaw in voting for one personality to be the leader to begin with. Voting for a party has the distinct advantage that the party itself can exchange the leader if he proves to be incompetent (or sick or whatever happens that makes him a liability). It's how we got rid of chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer, a name I only mention because he later went on to be part of that Hapsburg group Manafort recruited to lobby for the Russian agenda.
It was a clean solution to get rid of a bad leader. That an even worse leader followed isn't part of my argument :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite the detractors, Trump doing well - hollodero - 07-05-2018, 01:44 PM