Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irony of Democrats Celebrating the 4th of July.......
(07-05-2018, 01:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The Soviets still maintained a sizeable army in the East even after Zhukov and his troops left. The difference between the two was primarily in heavy weapons such as tanks, artillery and weapons and in tactics (the Soviets had one of the earliest and best combined arms doctrines), which were pretty standardized throughout the Red Army. That combined with the terrain (mostly flat steppes) put the Japanese at an extreme disadvantage.

The Japanese could have challenged the Soviets if they had changed their emphasis from naval power. The political infighting between the Japanese Army and the Japanese Navy in the 1920's and 1930's was legendary. Ultimately, the Navy won out and received more emphasis. Tank development was pretty much scrapped, as well as armor and combined arms tactics (really important for that time in history).

Ah that last one I know from playing civilization, whilst the rest of my assertions mainly stem from playing memoir 44. Because of this profound advantage of knowledge I gained by that, it would be unfair to keep challenging your assertions. Right.

Of course, what you say makes perfect sense and is fueled by facts I do not know about, so now I fully believe you. Furthermore, I now believe the Japanese screwed it up for my grandparents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irony of Democrats Celebrating the 4th of July....... - hollodero - 07-05-2018, 02:07 PM