Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-10-2018, 11:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: True,  the GOP base has long had affection for Putin. Specifically during the Obama years when they fell head over hills with him over his shirtless horseback pic. They actually preferred Putin to Obama. That's carried over with the election of Trump. Putin knew what party to help win.

Just another reason those expecting the GOP led congress to protect us from a alliance with Russia isn't dealing in reality.

Add to the fact that Obama was characterized as a pseudo-dictator who was forcing his liberal agenda upon Americans against their will and it's only natural a guy who vowed to fight back and break every rule he had to in order to restore what had been taken from us would get enough support to win.  There is no scramble to justify what Trump does or is doing because we had 8 years to convince ourselves that the democrats had hijacked our fair democratic republic and Trump is only doing what is necessary to right the wrongs they foisted upon us against our will.

Convince people that your enemy is unreasonable, dangerous and unfair and your supporters will excuse, if not outright demand you do whatever it takes to defeat them.  Hell, look at how much people who believe they will one day be judge by Jesus Christ himself love the idea of torturing/killing/executing/punishing bad people. They're bad! No crisis of conscience here! On the other side, I'm sure 4 years of Trump will have the left-wing powers that be and voters convinced that following the rules when another 4 years of Trump is looming would be stupid, as well. If the left is really as into voter fraud as people say they are, I expect them to really ramp things up this time.

Ok, I'm getting off track.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - Nately120 - 07-10-2018, 12:03 PM