Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-10-2018, 11:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First of all, your premise, a NK, Russia and USA triumvirate, is inane and has no basis in fact.

Here are a few rational facts to counter the hysteria.  The NATO nations, especially Germany, have long allowed the US to subsidize their national defense.  The US pays an enormous amount of money to field the finest military on the planet, freeing up NATO allies to pay far less on their own military as they can shelter under the US umbrella.  This allows them to spend money they'd otherwise be forced to spend on national defense on infrastructure, expanding their economy and on social programs.  If you're familiar with the old term "guns or butter" the US has been paying for the guns so many of their allies can spend all their money on butter.  In this way the US has been taken advantage of by our allies.

Europe should spend more on defense and I agree with Trump in that sense. That being said, it's not like the US defense budget is so high because Germany doesn't pay their fair share. Europe wouldn't need the US miliary budget at the heights it is now, on the other hand I can't quite believe the US would spend any less if Germany were to pay more on defense.

(07-10-2018, 11:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So Trump being more comfortable with leaders acquainted with the same leadership style and structure that he is used to makes logical sense.

OK. If he's so stuck in his ways that he can't overcome this though, it also makes him incompetent for the job he's holding (leader of the free, non-autocratic world).
Also, this explanation alone, while I see some merit, is not the sole reason for all this weird Putin love and his subverting US alliances. I agree with your stance on NK, with Russia I have difficulties.
Putin invades other countries and tries to undermine all democracies very much including the American one, and Trump is not willing to call him out on that. As allies targeted similarly, who wouldn't be stunned by that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - hollodero - 07-10-2018, 01:31 PM