Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate
(09-05-2015, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is a problem with the free market.   I believe we need stronger government action to control this problem.

Now tell me what YOU think should be done to end this problem.  Have people stop going to college?  is that how you are going to help our economy and advance our work force?

Not everyone is college material, would you agree?

Do you think a business degree from Southern Ohio College is anywhere equivalent to a business degree from UC?

People are wasting time and money with that crap.  If you can't compete enough with other people to get into a legitimate school, what makes these people think they can compete with them in the workforce? 

Schools like this pop up to take advantage of idiots as well as guaranteed grant money from mother government.  Their degrees are normally not worth the paper they're printed on, credits rarely transfer to any legitimate school, and the people are stuck with a worthless degree while being saddled with debt and either unemployed or underemployed. 

I think government should get out of the student lending business for one.  Another thing would be stricter standards for university accreditation.  Stop offering grants and financial aid to these types of schools, and start encouraging people that aren't college material to attend an accredited trade school instead.  Learning skills like nursing aid, HVAC, welding, plumbing, computer networking and the like are cheaper than attending a 4 year school and can all be a pretty good career.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - jakefromstatefarm - 09-05-2015, 04:36 PM