Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing
(07-12-2018, 10:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: So rather than fix the problems that were found they decided to just ignore everything?

I suppose "that'll show 'em to question the police!"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/07/12/baltimore-police-not-noticing-crime-after-freddie-gray-wave-killings-followed/744741002/

This is nothing short of them being big babies.  They don't want to try and do their job better so they just quit doing anything where THEY might be questioned.

Sad.

As some say:  There is a middle ground between what the investigations found out about the violation of constitutional rights and just ignoring EVERYTHING.

If they can't do it...quit.  That goes all the way up.

Police work is inherently dangerous and an incredible responsibility.  With that come more criticism than the guy who is an accountant or taxi driver.  Don't like it?  Go away and let people who are willing to learn and work do the job.

More pro cop stories from GM, shocking to say the least.  I can't speak for Baltimore, having never been there.  I can tell you that rank and file officers notice that administration does not have their back when a citizen complains.  Complaints are taken as gospel, regardless of how improbable or outlandish they are.  If the officer and deputies on the street know that admin is going to feed them to the wolves if something goes south they're going to take far fewer chances.  That guy looks suspicious, I won't stop and question him because I might get accused of profiling.  The biggest issue is arm chair quarterbacking, something GM excels at so this should interest him.

A decision is a good decision based on why it was made at the time.  The results of said decision do not determine if the decision was a good one.  Unfortunately the opposite mentality has firmly taken hold.  This has a stifling effect on the initiative of individual officers.  One of my early mentors told me something that could not have been more true; you can't get fired for being incompetent, you can get fired for doing too much.  

Now feel free to return to you castigation of people who do a job you can't do and have no idea how to do.  ThumbsUp

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-12-2018, 11:09 AM