Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing
(07-12-2018, 11:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: More pro cop stories from GM, shocking to say the least.  I can't speak for Baltimore, having never been there.  I can tell you that rank and file officers notice that administration does not have their back when a citizen complains.  Complaints are taken as gospel, regardless of how improbable or outlandish they are.  If the officer and deputies on the street know that admin is going to feed them to the wolves if something goes south they're going to take far fewer chances.  That guy looks suspicious, I won't stop and question him because I might get accused of profiling.  The biggest issue is arm chair quarterbacking, something GM excels at so this should interest him.

A decision is a good decision based on why it was made at the time.  The results of said decision do not determine if the decision was a good one.  Unfortunately the opposite mentality has firmly taken hold.  This has a stifling effect on the initiative of individual officers.  One of my early mentors told me something that could not have been more true; you can't get fired for being incompetent, you can get fired for doing too much.  

Now feel free to return to you castigation of people who do a job you can't do and have no idea how to do.  ThumbsUp

Weird...seems very few officers get convicted of anything.  Hard to say no one has their back when they don't get charged or go unconvicted in the vast majority of cases.

I'd like to say I have experience at EVERYTHING (like some people claim) that is above and beyond the average poster on these boards, but I do not. All I have is the stuff I see and read and research. However...

This line:

Quote:A decision is a good decision based on why it was made at the time.  The results of said decision do not determine if the decision was a good one.

...is one of the least smart things I have ever seen you post.  I can't even begin to get into why that is an inane way to look at decisions and their results.  Yes, we all try to make the best decisions we can based on what we know at the time but to completely disregard the results of the decision is so dumb I don't even know where to start with it.  Seriously.  

But feel free to defend people not doing their job so they can't get in trouble for doing their jobs poorly.   ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing - GMDino - 07-12-2018, 11:16 AM