Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-12-2018, 11:46 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Propaganda/disinformation attacks are hard to address as the standard public can't "see" it.  Sure, they see the results, but they are easily deniable and, with all the news sources out there it's hard to convince people of what is and is not credible.  Hence hanging punitive responses on these actions is difficult at best.

Or maybe that's just what they wan't you to think. Smirk   Trump can't publicly admit that Russia does this as he'd be handing over a huge stockpile of ammunition to the Dems to fire back at him.  Schumer, Pelosi and Waters would have a field day if he admitted any Russian interference in the 2016 election.

So... I can get on board with your stance on Russia, and the smaller differences don't need to be dragged out too far. We're actually quite close, and incremental ease of sanctions as some kind of "reward" is fine with me too.

But with these points, there's strong disagreement. I cannot acknowledge a point like "Maxine Waters would have a field day" as a valid reason to distort the truth, telling falsehoods, slamming the institutions, offending guys from Clapper to Brennan etc., to not admit the country was targeted by a cyber attack.
That's as if the Democrats were a bigger threat to national security than the Russian propaganda war. If one sees it that way, he acted for the best of the country. But since I don't, I see Trump's actions as putting his own interests over the interests of the country, and that is a presidential failure. Because Russian cyber attacks ARE a matter of national security, that have to take precedence over political gains.

The propaganda attacks are easy to address. And only folk who want to believe what they believe over the truth and that read news accordingly would see that differently. Russian attacks are well-documented, we know about the troll farms, we know about the hacking, we know about all the connections, Trump just chooses to call that fake news and some of his followers choose to believe him over the agencies and the journalists. There's no excuse for that course of action from Trump, none. He's president of the USA, not just the chief republican, and the former has to be more important than the latter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - hollodero - 07-12-2018, 12:19 PM