Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hateful 8: Meet the Biggest Bigots On the Ballot in 2018
(07-12-2018, 01:51 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd disagree. There's just more attention now when people don't get the outcome they want.

And they often don't. Because there's nothing (generally) illegal about a lot of what we hear about racism in this country. I don't mean when cops do it or a business refuses to serve someone based on skin color. That's one thing. But when a d-bag is being a d-bag just because he doesn't like people of color? That's not necessarily illegal. But we still get to watch the Facebook video of it and the comments of how horrible people are. People were always that horrible, it just wasn't on social media.

I agree partly with that, but that's not the whole story. In many cases (admittedly these are experiences from my own country), there seems to be a very thin layer of "accepted" stances/behaviour that is easily peeled away the more racist voices can be heard. Hence, it is on the increase. More and more people drop the layer and figure that the feelings they used to be ashamed of are getting more acceptable.

I do think sites like Breitbart not only collect racists that were always horrible, it also creates additional racists that used to restrain from being horrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hateful 8: Meet the Biggest Bigots On the Ballot in 2018 - hollodero - 07-12-2018, 01:55 PM