Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hateful 8: Meet the Biggest Bigots On the Ballot in 2018
(07-12-2018, 01:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: I agree partly with that, but that's not the whole story. In many cases (admittedly these are experiences from my own country), there seems to be a very thin layer of "accepted" stances/behaviour that is easily peeled away the more racist voices can be heard. Hence, it is on the increase. More and more people drop the layer and figure that the feelings they used to be ashamed of are getting more acceptable.

I do think sites like Breitbart not only collect racists that were always horrible, it also creates additional racists that used to restrain from being horrible.

Then go home!

Mellow

Just kidding. I think a lot of it here is — kind of what you touched on — accepted behavior rubbing up against beliefs. Social media, and alt media, have a lot to do with that. You can go some places in the south where it's acceptable to call people some names, but those people using the term would be shocked if you called them a racist. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hateful 8: Meet the Biggest Bigots On the Ballot in 2018 - Benton - 07-12-2018, 02:14 PM