Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hateful 8: Meet the Biggest Bigots On the Ballot in 2018
(07-12-2018, 01:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: I agree partly with that, but that's not the whole story. In many cases (admittedly these are experiences from my own country), there seems to be a very thin layer of "accepted" stances/behaviour that is easily peeled away the more racist voices can be heard. Hence, it is on the increase. More and more people drop the layer and figure that the feelings they used to be ashamed of are getting more acceptable.

I do think sites like Breitbart not only collect racists that were always horrible, it also creates additional racists that used to restrain from being horrible.

I think that's right. Internet forums and websites like Breitbart and the Washington Times create venues where people can not only let it all hang out, but also  where young people can learn that racism can be ok and even fun.

I am not sure all of it is "real" racism; some is people learning to collect a variety of grievances (not all faux) and to associate them with "libtards" and Hillary and people of color protected by something called "political correctness."

It does seem to me, though, that for the first time since 1968, the trend of publicly censoring racist rhetorical is somewhat reversing--at least it seems more people do feel permission to "go there" or get as close to the edge of acceptable as they can to "make liberals heads explode."  

Sometimes I suspect a game is being played--come as close as you can to racist rhetoric/behavior in hopes of getting someone to denounce you, then demanding an apology, or "proof," or accusing someone of playing the race card.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hateful 8: Meet the Biggest Bigots On the Ballot in 2018 - Dill - 07-12-2018, 03:25 PM