Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no proof that Jesus existed
(07-12-2018, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. There's water with no light in my basement

But there is also heat.  No sun, no heat, no water.

(07-12-2018, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. A theory you say. Could be a molten planet that hardened

Then how was there water?

(07-12-2018, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3. except the plural seas is used to identify more than one separated by land masses

Then God said,  "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and  let the dry land appear"

But again, that's closer to something...just not evolution.

(07-12-2018, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 4. Actually it says lights in heaven then sun and also stars. Nothing suggesting the Sun was first.

The sun was day one.  Unless there is light and dark with no sun.

(07-12-2018, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 5. Actually it states the creatures of the seas before the creatures of the air. Dinosaurs could simply be a transition from sea to air (millions of years to us; yet a blink of an eye on an infinite scale) as we know birds are living dinosaurs. 

We *could* say anything to make a religious story fit into science.  But this part of the story ignores the part of the reptiles that became the birds.  And if the authors knew about dinosaurs they would have surely mentioned them, I think.

(07-12-2018, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 6. Yeah mammals came along as fish was evolving to bird and the creation of man most likely came through evolution (once again a blink of an eye to him).

Again, if we want to interpret it that way we can make anything fit in to the science.  The actual words of the story say god created man.  Period.  Not that god created something that became man...eventually.

I had a priest teach us one time that it was possible that god created primates and then somewhere along the god split the line to make "humans" which are more like him.  I shouldn't say he "taught" us that.  He talked about that during an informal Q&A while he was substitute teaching.  But it stuck with me.

(07-12-2018, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: is it perfect? No. Can a correlation of general events be drawn: nothing-earth-sea creatures-man? Yes

Sure, we can stretch the story to make it "fit".  But it has little to do with "evolution".  Creation of the Universe? Eh, closer.  Not evolution.

But then I've seen enough History channel shows to know we can fit space aliens into our history to if we look at it right.

I just never got the need to MAKE it fit.  It is your* belief.  Stick with that.  Getting approval from science because it "kinda fits" doesn't help it be more believable.  If there is ever scientific proof that the creation story is true that would justify your* faith...but you* don't need the justification.

*"your" and "you" the universal not necessarily you personally.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no proof that Jesus existed - GMDino - 07-12-2018, 05:05 PM