Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-13-2018, 12:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fred sort of addressed this, but he got the main point wrong.  You can't hand your political opponents weapons to use against you.  I'm not saying it's morally right, but it is the reality of our political system.  I also can't imagine that Austria's is much different.  In our sound byte era of politics any admission by Trump that Russia helped get him elected would be endlessly looped.  It would be a political disaster for the GOP.  You can admit it in private and make efforts to prevent future occurrences, but you cannot admit it publicly.

Austria, since you brought that up, is a country full of narrow-minded, mostly rather primitive people. But no way. Really, no way. If Russia had aided a certain party by hacking opponents, a propaganda attack and whatnot and all agencies had confirmed that, no way the electorate would ever tolerate that leader calling all of that fake news, that Putin is to be believed over them, that whoever disagrees, journalist or official or opponent, is attacked, insulted and called names up to enemy of the people, that every investigation is painted as fraudulent and must be stopped immediately, when there's a demonstrable huge avalanche of lies to deny the obvious, there's simply no way that would be accepted. Not as of now at least.

Maybe some, a few, would be so naive and out of touch to honestly believe the lies still, maybe a few really wouldn't care, but the rest of us through all allegiances and beyond all loyalties would unequivocally be outraged, furious by that hypothetical I described. And an reelection bid (that probably would come way earlier as planned) would become a disaster for said party/leader. And the fact that you're so cynical as to be willing to understand and accept Trump's behaviour as the right thing to do and a political necessity might be the single saddest thing I ever read on this board. Tribalism really trumps national security and you actually make the case that this is the reasonable thing to do for Trump. As someone who always looked up and admired the USA, this is simply heart-breaking and that is not a hyperbole.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - hollodero - 07-13-2018, 12:41 PM