Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-16-2018, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just thought it odd that you applaud Merkle as being the "Leader of the Free World" when her country is probably in bed with Russia as much as any country in the world.

Not as much as yours. Buying needed things from countries like that is one thing, sure one I don't like, but one all western countries are more or less guilty of. We all got and/or get energy from questionable sources and rogue countries. Again. Not defending Germany on that one, or their former chancellor who joined Gazprom for that matter.

Here's what Merkel doesn't do and would never do: Choose the week of the new indictment against Russian officials, that shows in detail how Russia interfered in their election and democracy, to meet Putin. Slam Germany's intelligence and Germany's investigators. Calling German media that report the indictment fake news, calling the investigation that turned that up as it was supposed to a disaster and a rigged with hunt, stating that of course Putin, good old journalist killer and people poisoner Vladimir Putin, is to believed over them. Blame the media and the political opponent for the bad relations to said meddling country, as if that were the truth, not on Putin at all and more important than anything.

I ridicule my homeland constantly, but even I would never ever be able to live with our leader neutering the country like that on the world stage. And that's what Trump does. His stance is the opposite of patriotism. I'd be more than willing to hear a valid counterpoint to that, but using a German gas pipeline, for obvious reasons of irrelevance, is a bad way to do so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - hollodero - 07-16-2018, 03:06 PM