Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-16-2018, 05:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Debatable. Only one other person in US history has had a higher amount of votes than her in a presidential election (Obama). She had nearly 4 million more votes in the primary than him and the only swing states he won were Michigan and Wisconsin. 

You can argue that the party needs to go left, and Bernie represented that, but it's not like there's a huge progressive wave in the US right now to back that up. We need to see what happens in November to even make that argument. I'd argue they need to go center and populist.

Nearly every projection I saw had Sanders losing to most candidates, but beating Trump; Hillary beating most candidates, but losing to Trump. 

I know polling ain't what it used to be, but I still think that was fairly on target, as many of them were looking at electoral votes, not just raw ballots cast. If you're job in the DNC is to put the party first... and you know a candidate isn't likely to win based on trends and history... then that's on you for pushing the candidate. It doesn't matter how much a candidate wins the popular election by, Republicans have manipulated districts so that if you're going to win an election, you're going to have to appease more than just the majority. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - Benton - 07-16-2018, 05:35 PM