Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-16-2018, 05:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Nearly every projection I saw had Sanders losing to most candidates, but beating Trump; Hillary beating most candidates, but losing to Trump. 

I know polling ain't what it used to be, but I still think that was fairly on target, as many of them were looking at electoral votes, not just raw ballots cast. If you're job in the DNC is to put the party first... and you know a candidate isn't likely to win based on trends and history... then that's on you for pushing the candidate. It doesn't matter how much a candidate wins the popular election by, Republicans have manipulated districts so that if you're going to win an election, you're going to have to appease more than just the majority. 

I would have to see that to even respond to it, but general match ups months before during the primary are flimsy at best. Most projections had her winning the whole time. Also, what you're suggesting is that the party should have made an effort to promote the losing candidate midway through because of some projections.

If Bernie was a member of the Democratic Party, the amount of effort to push Hillary through over him would not have been as great. I think people downplay the fact that he is an Independent when they discuss this. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - BmorePat87 - 07-16-2018, 05:50 PM