Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-16-2018, 06:26 PM)Benton Wrote: It does though, in perception. 

Take my lovely Sen. McConnell. McConnell — in 2008-2016— uses every television appearance to tell you that it's all Obama's fault. No job? Obama. No healthcare? Obama. Wife left you? Obama. He pushed the narrative that everything that was wrong with the country was because of Obama... and if you didn't elect more Republicans, nothing would ever get better. He'd see to that, as he was going to be the obstructionist mastermind.

And people bought it. It was all Obama's fault. Not Congress that couldn't agree on anything, just Obama. And liberals. All liberals. They distorted the image of what was going on and manipulated huge chunks of the country so that if you're going to gain any ground there, you can't be ____. Whatever that _____ is, varies. Most sections it's a liberal; some it's a minority. But if you can't appease those blocks, you aren't going to win. And guys like McConnell use their offices to make sure those blocks that need appeasing fit in best with themselves.

You have to win the majority in a state. So whatever manipulating they did, they won the majority in the state. You obviously don’t have to win the majority in the country but I don’t know how the Republican manipulation works there. Or maybe I am misunderstanding the part I bonded in your earlier post b
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - michaelsean - 07-16-2018, 10:16 PM