Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-17-2018, 10:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: The further we get away from 2016 the less I buy the "Clinton Baggage" excuse.

Most of her baggage was false stories from her opponents:  Uranium deal, child trafficking, "Clinton body count", Benghazi.

I'll buy people didn't want another Clinton in...but the excuse that she had "baggage" rings a little more hollow every day.  It's not like Trump didn't have plenty of baggage.

In the end people in the right states decided that they would rather have Trump for "some" reason.  

Economics?  The economy was already turned around.

Jobs? The unemployment rate was already going down.

National security?  Well, we see what Trump has done there with Russia.  Smirk

I know people who saw Trump for what he was (charlatan) and still voted for him because of the stories about Clinton.  "She" couldn't be trusted.  "She" was under investigation.  They weren't the "lock her up" crowd...just people who thought they had found truth in those stories.

I think Clinton had a hard time garnering enough support, yes.  But she still got not only more votes than Trump but the second most ever.  And Trump benefited from a foreign campaign to twist the truth (and in some cases outright lie) about his competition.

And they got what they wanted: A puppet.

Well, if you believe the women who have accused Bill Clinton of rape and sexual misconduct then Hillary actively engaged in attempts to deride the accusers and attack their credibility.  There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-17-2018, 11:11 AM