Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-19-2018, 11:43 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I would agree with that.  There is a difference between statements like that and him proposing a course of action.

Sure. I think it's a difference that doesn't matter that much though.
If he makes an outrageous proposition, it might be a relief to know he won't follow through - it really doesn't make his words any better though.
To follow up on that, also I do think words matter and no country can afford a president for whom that is not the case.

(07-19-2018, 11:43 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: While I agree that Trump's words were ill advised I think the outrage over them has been a bit hyperbolic.

Yeah, maybe. I see it as having different perspectives though. I haven't really seen an unreasonably argued outrage. Maybe Brennans tweet, but I actually think he's not that far off either.
Trumps words were worse than any possible hyperbolic reaction to his words. Is my perspective.

(07-19-2018, 11:43 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   No, he should not have intimated that he believes Putin over our own intelligence services.  I was listening to Howard Stern yesterday and he made a very good point, IMO.  He pointed out that Trump seems to feel that acknowledging Russian interference somehow diminishes his electoral victory and thus his authority.  hence his reluctance to flat out admit the obvious.  

Yeah I already was aware of that explanation. It sure does make some sense. My problem with it is, it only could explain half of it (I don't expand on that). Also, if that were his concern, wouldn't his best move be being more hostile to Putin. Instead of constantly reinvoking the "He's in Putin's pocket" chatter by being super-obsequious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - hollodero - 07-19-2018, 12:35 PM