Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security
(07-20-2018, 10:45 AM)Benton Wrote: I've had conversations with people where the nutshell idea is "if you pay income/property taxes, you deserve a voice." And it's an interesting angle, especially when you consider how much the founding of the country revolved around having a voice with how taxes were spent. 

You could've just said "nobody." That would've been far easier than digging up a decade old article from an anti-immigration propaganda agency often accused of having ties to white supremacy. 

As to the question, sure. And — I realize you aren't going to believe this — I've had conversations like the one mentioned above to Matt with people from both sides. From the left it tends to be more "if they're here contributing, they should have some say" and from the right it tends to be more "if they're paying taxes, they should have a say." But both are basically saying the same thing. And none of those conversations have been with a state or federal lawmaker (one was with a county official on our way to our kids soccer game, but not in any official capacity).  That's why I don't get it when someone says "Democrats just want illegals to vote." Because I've never really heard that as a party issue, or as a candidates platform.

So now I am confused, you state you've heard of such measures and more so from left leaners, but you've never heard of it?

No 'digging up' was required I'm simply googled and linked the first article. As I said the reply was in jest. It is know progressives lean toward "open voting" (no ID, proof of citizenship, non-citizens, ect...) and I found it as ironic that the title of the OP was Left wants more voters security measures.

I understand that if you are not aware of this then you cannot see the irony in the OP, so simply disregard.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security - bfine32 - 07-20-2018, 11:32 AM