Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security
(07-20-2018, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So now I am confused, you state you've heard of such measures and more so from left leaners, but you've never heard of it?

No 'digging up' was required I'm simply googled and linked the first article. As I said the reply was in jest. It is know progressives lean toward "open voting" (no ID, proof of citizenship, non-citizens, ect...) and I found it as ironic that the title of the OP was Left wants more voters security measures.

I understand that if you are not aware of this then you cannot see the irony in the OP, so simply disregard.

I don't see the irony, though I can understand how those that construct a false dichotomy of voting rights/access would see irony. The left has long been about increasing the electorate and making voting for those that have the right easier and more accessible. Attempts to restrict access and decrease the voting populous, which has historically been more beneficial to the right-wing and therefore they have undertaken efforts to do just that, are things that the left fights against. The efforts of the left are not intended to decrease security, the desire is still for one person to have one vote and only those that are allowed to vote to do so, we just think that a higher number of those within the jurisdiction should play a part in the decisions. Creating a more democratic society, if you will.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security - Belsnickel - 07-20-2018, 02:40 PM