Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-gun rocker Ted Nugent bans guns from Virginia concert
(07-20-2018, 03:37 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I think you have more chances to be victime of a crime if you fear to be. 

IMHO.

Dealing exclusively with criminals and victims for a living these past 17 years I can safely say this is not the case.  Honestly I have a hard time finding the logic in your assertion.  I think you can absolutely reduce your chances of being a victim of crime by being smart about where and when you go places or do things but that only mitigates, it doesn't eliminate.  I had a neighbor get a gun stuck in his face when guys robbed the Subway he had stopped at to get a sandwich around 3 PM on a weekday.  Like I said, you don't get to pick and choose when you're going to be victimized.

I own many guns.  I have ammunition that I hope never to use as it is specifically designed to ensure the target does not survive (since you probably don't know there are a lot of different types of bullets).  I own them because I may have to use them, not because I ever want to.  I do this knowing the chance I'll ever use them is small.  It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro-gun rocker Ted Nugent bans guns from Virginia concert - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-20-2018, 10:10 PM