Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matching up against the North
(07-22-2018, 02:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Football is finally here two teams have started training camp and one actually happens to be part of the AFC North. I thought we could use a discussion thread about the other AFC North Teams and how the Bengals matchup against them. Since the Ravens are already in Camp I figured we could start there...

The defense is scary good. Theyhave a deep back end with Jimmy Smith (Injury news?) Brandon Carr, Marlon Humphrey, Tavon Young at corner and Eric Weedle, Tony Jefferson, and Rookie DeShon Elliott at Safety. To go along with Terrell Suggs and Za'Darius Smith they have two young pass rushers from the 2017 draft that didnt get many snaps last season in Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser. Along the defensive line they have guys like Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, Carl Davis, Brent Urban, and Bronson Kaufusi. The Ravens biggest defensive question mark would probably be the other ILB spot next to one of the NFL best CJ Mosley.

To say the least they have a stacked defense that played at a high level in 2017. The Ravens biggest issue was the passing game on offense.

I know how most people feel about Joe Flacco and I agree I dont believe hes one of the NFL best but he is a solid vet that can beat you with a team around him. The Ravens did a good job of bringing in some key pieces to go along with a very good run game they had in 2017. Their Front office saw the need for pass catchers and brought in Michael Crabtree, John Brown, and Willie Snead and also drafted two tight ends early Hayden Hurst and Mark Andrews. At running back they had a couple guys quietly breakout as a tandem in Alex Collins and Buck Allen. Collins is the definition of a power back he is really fun to watch while Allen catches passes out of the backfield. Id say the biggest offensive question mark for the Ravens is replacing Ryan Jensen at Center the spot will probably go to Matt Skura or possibly Rookie Bradley Bozeman.

I believe the Ravens will be a very difficult team to win against in 2018 because they have very few weak areas. The Bengals will need to score early and often to take the ball out of Alex Collins hands and make Joe Flacco beat them.

I almost forgot that they didn't re-sign him.  He got a 4 year, $42 million dollar deal from Tampa....hardly what I would call breaking the bank for a top rated (at least I thought he was) center.  That is a big hole to fill. 

For whatever reason, the Ravens have been the so-called "easier of the two" when it came to games vs. pitt and Baltimore.  The one thing I like about Baltimore improving is they always seem to give pitt a good game.  I hope they beat pitt twice.  Those are the only two times I am a ratbird fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Matching up against the North - Synric - 07-22-2018, 02:48 PM
RE: Matching up against the North - Steve - 07-22-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: Matching up against the North - Sled21 - 07-23-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: Matching up against the North - Sled21 - 07-23-2018, 08:50 AM
RE: Matching up against the North - Synric - 07-23-2018, 11:04 AM
RE: Matching up against the North - Steve - 07-25-2018, 08:04 PM
RE: Matching up against the North - Sled21 - 07-23-2018, 08:28 AM
RE: Matching up against the North - Sled21 - 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM
RE: Matching up against the North - Steve - 07-24-2018, 09:08 PM