Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-23-2018, 09:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: Income inequality does not equal economic oppression.

What corporation pays workers less than a living wage? 

Living wage is a subjective term since individuals decide whether or not to live within their means.

What is wrong with rich people getting richer? As a lawyer, youre rich.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm? I'm sure you know about the billions taxpayers spend each year to keep WalMart's workers paid low. Walmart, a company with somewhere close to $80 billion in tax shelters. Hell, the POTUS has been sued multiple times over stiffing workers and filed multiple attempts to outsource labor to keep costs low while getting massive tax breaks.

(07-23-2018, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've asked before and got one answer about electing folks.

What do folks want the rich people to do?

They pay more than their fair share of taxes. Nobody would like a flat tax more than rich folks.

Unfortunately, I think the line is irrevocably blurred between rich people — who make a lot of money and (generally) pay a lot of taxes — and big companies that make a lot of money and pay relatively no taxes. It's a mix of ignorance on the left and deception on the right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - Benton - 07-23-2018, 11:33 PM