Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-23-2018, 11:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Living within your means is fine, but people who don't buy houses, cars, beer, cigarettes, diamonds, or get married and have kids don't get a lot of credit, either.  Every wage can be a living wage if you are immune to advertising, social pressures, and contribute the bare minimum to a capitalistic economy.  

I'm not saying I have any idea what real poverty is, but I've certainly had to live in more of a modest manner than many of my contemporaries and I recall walking a lot, eating a lot of oatmeal for dinner, and walking past a lot of businesses that I never patronized because they supplied things that weren't necessary.  Maybe everyone else was just flush with income to waste, but I wasn't and I wasn't spending what I didn't think I had.

The entire idea of making this into a vendetta against the rich just distracts from the notion that inflation is the main culprit, and we are all guilty of living in a country that thrives on people spending money they don't have on stuff they don't need.

Pretty much nailed it. When people say they aren't paid a living wage thats bs. Change your spending habits, or get a different (or additional) job. You still have freedom to change your job, which allows income mobility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - Beaker - 07-24-2018, 09:49 AM