Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-24-2018, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The question is not "anybody"?  We all know that some people are smarter, more skilled, had better education, or just the proper connections to get a well paying job.  The question is what do we do with people who can't get those limited number of jobs when we all know there are not enough of them?

You can't just tell everyone to "work harder" when the system makes it impossible for everyone to get a good job even if they all worked as hard as possible.

I get what youre sayng. But youre oversimplifying when youre saying I am just saying work harder. Obviously its not that simple. For a fair portion of people, bad choices such as not finishing school, etc helped land them in poverty situations. But they still have options to help turn that around. 

On the other end, why should there be limits on how much you can earn? If I run a company and want to keep a certain percentage of the profit, then that is my option. If that percentage is too high, the company will not thrive, or the workers will be unhappy causing them to leave. Then my company, or at least my profits go down. There has to be a balance. But if you put restrictions on how much must be kept or given out, you take away incentive to own/run a business in the first place. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - Beaker - 07-24-2018, 12:50 PM