Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-24-2018, 03:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: I saw it the first time now. Yeah he "chuckles it away", and it's maybe really "only" incredibly stupid and inappropriate. But even then. Chuckling it away doesn't make the message he sent any better.

I agree it was inappropriate, but it wasn't "incredibly inappropriate" nor "incredibly stupid."

(07-24-2018, 03:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: This is rather one of those turn a mountain into a molehill and then accuse some Democrat of having the bigger molehills anyways thing.

Wow. This is very fred-like of you. I never said anyone had "bigger molehills" nor did I imply anyone was more or less biased. I only pointed out that Holder was biased. 

(07-24-2018, 03:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: Like you managed to use a Story about Jeff Sessions' misconduct to slam his predecessor.

First, what misconduct? Sessions broke no law and did nothing wrong. Sure, he probably shouldn't have joined the chant of "lock her up" as it give an appearance of impropriety, but there's no law or rule that prohibits him from doing what he did.

More importantly, I slammed no one. I only pointed out Holder was biased. Is Session biased? Clearly. But, so was Holder. So is pretty much everybody in Washington.

(07-24-2018, 03:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: (While of course, if Eric Holder had ever "chuckled away" his repetition of an imprisonment demand, the republican side would have called for harsh consequences and declared a scandal. And you kind of have to know that's true.)

I don't doubt that is exactly what would happen if situations were reversed. But, pointing out Republican hypocrisy does not excuse hypocrisy by the Democrats (and vice versa).

(07-24-2018, 03:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh and lastly in case this isn't clear, any attorney general is supposed to not chuckle these things away, but talk some sense into those who start the chant. Or just plain ignore it, if he's too cowardly to do that. Every other behaviour, every sense of encouragement is a disgrace and deserves no excuses.

That is your opinion. I disagree with most of it. I agree he shouldn't have joined in, but I disagree with you in your assessment of whta it means that he did.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - PhilHos - 07-24-2018, 03:52 PM